Wednesday, September 7, 2011

rest from your labors

I apologize for not blogging as often as I should. My life right now is a crazy.ballin.outta.control. life. I'm loving every minute of it. I'm going to make it a goal to blog at least once a week. So you better make sure I keep that goal!

This past weekend I went to Utah {aka the Holy Land}. Shae Audrey just started at BYU and Afton and her hubby live in Provo so it was a great and much needed trip.

After my last class on Friday got out I headed straight for the airport. I didn't make the first flight and the next one was delayed 2 hours. It went by fast however because Madison {a cute girl from my ward} was also there and we just chatted the whole time. However when I arrived in SLC I was exhausted. It was midnight in Utah which meant it was 2 in Georgia. That didn't stop me from having fun. As soon as I got to Shae's dorm we changed into our jammies and headed down the hall to watch She's the Man {only my favorite movie ever} We stayed up until 4 {6 Georgia time} and then we finally crashed.

Saturday we woke up and went to breakfast, then went back to the dorm, showered, and got all pretty for the day. One of my highlights of this trip was that I got to meet up with a girl I met at efy in 2006. I was so excited to see Kristin and hopefully I will get to see her more often now. It was great to see her and catch up. I love it how you can go years without seeing or hearing from someone and then you run into them everything is so perfect.

That night I went over to my friend, Angie's house. It was the cutest little house I have ever seen. Her room was so cute {although it doesn't surprise me} We stayed up playing wackee six {my.favorite.game.ever.} It was fun to see her and catch up on all the latest juicy gossip. I also ran into mr.hotbodhandsomeface there {aka Taylor Lautner}

Sunday I went to 2 different wards. I went to Angie's in the morning and Shae's in the afternoon. I have never seen so many good looking lds boys in one day. Holy Heavens. Then we went to Afton and Gregg's for dinner. Hawaiian Haystacks. Yum.

Now for the best part of my whole trip. On Monday I got to the SLC airport. I look over and see a group of about 12 missionaries. I hear my name being called. Turns out it was a girl I met at efy, I don't remember her name but she was on her way to Argentina. As I'm talking to her, I look over and see this man with salt and peppered hair. I immediately recognize that it is President Uchtdorf. I go over and introduce myself and we share some small talk. Then he tells me to have safe travels. It was the coolest experience ever.

So now I am home. Back to school. Living my crazy awesome life. I hope you all had a lovely long weekend! Peace and Love!

2 comments:

  1. "I have never seen so many goodlooking LDS boys i one day." Ha ha I love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you know I tell it how it is.

    ReplyDelete