Sunday, September 11, 2011

where were you when the world stopped turning...

On that September day...

I was sitting in Mrs. Wood's class, studying 4th grade history. The school sent us back to our homeroom classes. So Mrs. Rape {favorite teacher ever} had us sit in our small desks in silence. No one really knew what was happening. They told the teachers over the intercom not to turn on the TVs. As a little fourth grader I didn't really realize what was going on, I just remember being really upset that they cancelled chorus and we all had to go home immediately. I got home and my mom had the TV on, I watched as they replayed the video of the plane crashing into the twin towers over and over again. Back then it meant nothing.

Today I just want to say a big thank you to all of our service men {and women}. I really do appreciate the fact that you risk your life on a daily basis for all the things that as citizens we take for granted. It is crazy to think that I was alive when this "history" was created. I remember exactly where I was. I will be able to tell my children all about that day. I will never forget how unified our country was after that. However, I feel like that is fading. It makes me sad to think that something awful brought us so close and how that sense of unity is slowly diminishing.

So tonight it your prayers thank the Lord for this wonderful country that we live in, for the service personnel who risk their lives to fight to protect us, for their families who support them and go months without seeing their loved ones. And most importantly be sure to hug and kiss all your loved ones because you never really know how much longer you have.


May we always remember {9.11.01}
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment