Monday, January 2, 2012

back to reality

So boyfriend has been home for the past 12 days. My goodness I believe those days went by way too fast. It has been the most wonderful and emotional break I have ever had...mostly wonderful though! I was spoiled because I got to spend EVERY single day with him, which is something new and exciting for me considering he lives on the other side of the country. I am so blessed to have him in my life and I can't even put in to words the way I feel for this man. He has made me want to be the best person that I can be and I know he will always be by my side to support me.

I have to thank Mo and Faddah though for letting me always spend time with him. I wasn't the best daughter I could be these past 12 days since I was a little distracted and I know sometimes we didn't always see eye to eye but hopefully I can be forgiven for that. I am so blessed to have the parents that I do.

I have realized that the relationships that I have with my parents are so very different. My mom is my BEST FRIEND, and that is something that will never change. {never.ever} I cherish the many nights that we have spent together staying up late just talking, I know many girls do not have that type of relationship with their moms and I feel bad for them. Although it is not always easy to have your mom as your best friend I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. My mom has ALWAYS been there for me, through thick and thin. When I felt like the whole world against me she was and is the one person I turn to.

I feel like within the past year my relationship with my dad has reached a new level. I was always jealous of the friendship that him and Colby share. My dad is always there to support me and to calm me down. I feel like he really knows what I am capable of and he knows exactly what to say for me to understand something or how to keep me from stressing out. He has taught me so many things that he probably doesn't even realize. I am amazed by how hardworking he is, I know his job isn't his favorite thing to do but I appreciate him waking up early every morning and working all day long in order to provide for the 4 women in his life. I feel like my dad is a great example of unconditional love and that is something I really admire about him.

Anyways, back to good ol' reality. Goodbyes stink. I do not like them one bit. I'm so grateful for a family who constantly loves and supports me. I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has the perfect plan for me and knows what I need in my personal life, when it is in HIS time. I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2012 so far! Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment