Sunday, January 8, 2012

skype

Skype is the cure for all long distance relationships....at least I'm convinced that it is. This past week I have been having such a hard time with the fact that I do not get to see boyfriend as much as I would like, or as much as I had gotten used to while he was here for almost 2 weeks.

Last night I asked Mo if she could come lay in my bed with me for a little while because I was feeling so down about the whole thing and I knew that she would understand, simply because her and faddah had a long distance relationship as well.

I appreciate her so much for laying there and comforting me as I cried and cried and threw myself a little pity party. Which today seems silly because Mo had it so much harder than I do. When my parents were dating there wasn't anything like skype and honestly I can't imagine how tough it would be to have to wait for a letter to come via snail mail or spend an insane amount of money on a phone call that last over 2 hours.

Tonight I had a skype date with Brad and it was an instant relief when I saw that handsome face on my screen that said "hey beautiful." Of course I still miss him but I am so lucky that technology has improved so much. I am lucky enough to have the luxury of things like skype, text messages, emails, you name it. I know that it was just the little pick me up that I needed in order to remind me that even though it's hard, it is extremely worth it.

Peace and Love
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Skype was crazy awesome for me. Long Distance relationship saver :) I love how technology has advanced so much even since we've been alive ! I feel like the internet has always been around , but apparently it's kind of a new thing.

    Anyways. I know what you're going through. I've been there. It's so worth it in the end though :)

    ReplyDelete