I love General Conference.
Not only does it give me the excuse to stay in my pajamas all day, eat yummy food, and spend time with family but I also get the opportunity to hear from our modern day Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and his apostles.
My personal favorite, Dieter F. Ucthdorf, gave a wonderful talk that I really needed to hear. His talk about judging was incredible and he delivered it so well, that cute little accent of his really makes his words music to my ears ;) His advice: "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon, when it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm—please apply the following: Stop it! What an easy way to stop. How lucky and blessed are we to still have the Lord's council on the Earth today and have the knowledge that God will not leave us with out His loving guidance.
This conference was also kind of bittersweet for me.
Bitter because as I was sitting between Mo and Colboa on the couch I realized that this will be my last conference with my family. Well hopefully not the last but the last one as a single lady. Weird to think about.
Sweet because 6 months ago from this weekend {last General Conference} Brad and I were hanging out for the first time. Who knew that one weekend would lead to us getting married. Pretty crazy! :))
On other terms, my family has gone to the beach every month this year. That's pretty ballinouttacontrol. At least, as a beach bum I think it is. haha.
School needs to hurry up and get done with, seriously I am so stressed out. I'm tired of tests and group projects. Oh and stupid teachers! Being a full time student, working, and planning a wedding at the same time. Am I CRAY CRAY or what!?!
I will try to be better at blogging. Once school is done {First week of May, thank goodness} I should be a lot better at it! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. I know I sure did.
Peace and Love
xoxo
Not only does it give me the excuse to stay in my pajamas all day, eat yummy food, and spend time with family but I also get the opportunity to hear from our modern day Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and his apostles.
My personal favorite, Dieter F. Ucthdorf, gave a wonderful talk that I really needed to hear. His talk about judging was incredible and he delivered it so well, that cute little accent of his really makes his words music to my ears ;) His advice: "This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon, when it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm—please apply the following: Stop it! What an easy way to stop. How lucky and blessed are we to still have the Lord's council on the Earth today and have the knowledge that God will not leave us with out His loving guidance.
This conference was also kind of bittersweet for me.
Bitter because as I was sitting between Mo and Colboa on the couch I realized that this will be my last conference with my family. Well hopefully not the last but the last one as a single lady. Weird to think about.
Sweet because 6 months ago from this weekend {last General Conference} Brad and I were hanging out for the first time. Who knew that one weekend would lead to us getting married. Pretty crazy! :))
On other terms, my family has gone to the beach every month this year. That's pretty ballinouttacontrol. At least, as a beach bum I think it is. haha.
School needs to hurry up and get done with, seriously I am so stressed out. I'm tired of tests and group projects. Oh and stupid teachers! Being a full time student, working, and planning a wedding at the same time. Am I CRAY CRAY or what!?!
I will try to be better at blogging. Once school is done {First week of May, thank goodness} I should be a lot better at it! I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend. I know I sure did.
Peace and Love
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment