Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

So I know it's Tuesday and I'm just a wee bit late on blogging about Easter.
This Easter was kind of crazy for our family and unlike all the others.
Mo and Colboa spent the weekend in Texas for Spring Break and
I spent the weekend with Brad in Washington and
Faddah had a drama free weekend, lucky guy and
Afton and Gregg celebrated their first Easter as a married couple in Utah.
Just a little bit crazy huh?

Our flights landed within 2 minutes of the other on Easter Sunday so we all caught up at the airport. Daddy picked us up and we all went home to cook Easter Dinner together! Mo taught us all these new recipes that she learned while she was visiting with my Grandma and Aunt Sarah. They were absolutely delicious and of course she made the traditional Bunny Cake!

I will most definitely be carrying on this tradition in my own family. I can't remember an Easter where we did not have a bunny cake, how can I celebrate without one? But I can look past the egg hunts, baskets, and bunny cakes and celebrate it for the real reason behind the holiday, because it is seriously a blessing in all of our lives.

I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. For His loving atonement, and for His glorious resurrection. It truly is the biggest miracle throughout all of history. I know that He atoned for each one of our sins, and that He rose on the third day in that tomb. I know that he lives and loves each one of us. I am grateful that through His resurrection we are all able to return to live with our Father in Heaven again some day, and that is the best gift we will ever receive.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Holiday!
Peace and Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment