Wednesday, February 15, 2012

our first adventure as an engaged couple

Brad had made reservations for this adorable restaurant called The Pink Door. I wish I would have taken pictures because it was so cute. However the journey there was super crazy. As we were leaving the Space Needle he says that the restaurant is about a mile away, we could go get the car or we could walk. It was up to me.

Not even thinking about my attire I say lets just walk. It wasn't too cold and I knew we could both use the exercise. I was crazy to say that though. I am wearing 6 inch heels remember. After a few blocks later my feet are blistering like crazy. I ask how many blocks we have to go, starting to get tired of this walking. Brad tells me only 3 more. Well we keep walking for what feels like forever. I ask him how many blocks we have left again and he says 3...again. I told him he said that 4 blocks ago. I was starting to get whiny, but he just laughed and said he was sorry.

We come to the huge hill that we have to go down. My sweet fiance ends up carrying me down the hill because it hurt too badly to go down and I knew the blisters were only getting worse. Once we got to the cobblestone streets I had had enough and I took my shoes off. {hello trailer baby feet}. Oh and to make the story even better, we were walking through the ghetto...in the dark. Some homeless guy even told Brad that he had the prettiest lady on the block. {I told him to remember that} Finally we got to the restaurant where we enjoyed such great food, definitely a place to try if you are ever in Seattle.

After we finished eating, Brad went to go get the car so I wouldn't have to walk that awful walk again while I stayed inside of the nice warm restaurant and talked to Shae. Once we got back to the apartment Brad decided to play doctor and placed me on the counter in the bathroom and doctored my blisters right up. I am so glad he is willing to take care of me.

Even though I got the worst blisters I have ever had, it was our first adventure as an engaged couple and I can't wait to tell our future kids some day about the night we got engaged. I told Brad that night that I can't wait to see what adventures we have in store for us and how excited I am to experience them with him!

Peace and Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment