Monday, June 11, 2012

weekend in review

This weekend the airport and I got some quality bonding time. The joys of flying with your standby "benefits". I have been so blessed to not have to pay for a single flight in my lifetime so I really should not complain.

Once I finally landed in Washington, we headed towards downtown Seattle. We parked the car near the Safeco Field and had some time to kill so we walked over to Pike's Market. Pike's may just be one of my favorite places in Washington. It is so neat to look around and see all the pretty fresh flowers, fruit, and all the different cultures interacting. Take away the smelly fish and it would be PERFECT. I told Brad how nice it would be to be able to have those gorgeous flowers on our dining room table. Of course while we were there we stopped and got our favorite homemade mozzarella cheese and gala apples. After we got our food we decided to walk back towards the Safeco Field to go get seats for the Mariners game. We walked along the pier because I hadn't seen it yet. I'm excited to go back later in the summer and hopefully ride the new Ferris wheel and go on a romantic dinner cruise with my mancub! We got some hot dogs outside of the gates and then headed inside the field. 

Online it showed that the game was sold out but I guess the cold weather scared all the people away because there weren't that many people there. I don't blame them though, sitting in jackets and blankets freezing my booty off was not what I planned on doing at a baseball game in June! While at the game we got photo bombed {at least the girl was cute} we were kind of asking for it though, we had such a hard time taking a decent picture that night {someones head would get cut off, or someone would be in the middle of a blink}. We ended up leaving early because I was a big wimp in the cold and rain.


Saturday we spent running errands. It was seriously non-stop. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get pots {scored an awesome deal by.the.way} so that we will be able to make real meals and went to Target and got plates {which I am in love with}. One of Brad's coworkers wife is expecting her first baby. So while at Target I picked out some onesies, the most adorable tutu, and some big flower head bands of course {just what every little girl needs}! Once we were done we went back to the apartment and made some lasagna to take to them along with a salad, garlic bread, brownies, and the gift. It was so fun to visit with them and meet people Brad works with and meet a possible future friend. Plus she loved the little outfit I picked out! Sunday was church day and that evening I headed back home, where the airlines once again sent me on a wild goose chase.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I know I sure did. I am getting to catch up with Miss Shae Audrey this week and then I have trip to Utah this weekend to visit Afton and see that cute Baby B bump. So ready for baby B to reveal it's gender so I can spoil it rotten, definitely so excited to be Auntie B and meet that little one! :) 

Peace and Love
xoxo

1 comment: