Friday, June 29, 2012

Circle of Life

Growing up stinks. I wish people warned you how hard life gets as you grow up and move through the different chapters of your life. Moving away from all you've ever known. Leaving behind people who mean the world to you. It's just hard. I'm having such a hard time, I just feel so unprepared. My whole life is about to change drastically in 19 days. I'm leaving behind my best friend and it makes me extremely sad. Even though I know I call still call or text it isn't the same as coming home and hearing or telling stories. I feel like sometimes I have taken for granted the fact that my mom is my best friend when I should have been treasuring it. I know not many girls have that relationship with their mothers, but I am lucky and do. I know I don't always express it or do the best job of showing it but my mom will ALWAYS be my best friend, no matter what and that couldn't make me any happier. Yes we have our ups and downs but what relationship doesn't. At the end of the day I know my mom loves me and I couldn't be more blessed. The relationship I have with my mom has taught me so many things that would have taken me a long time to learn. Relationships take work from both sides, they have to be a two way street. You have to be open and honest. You have to communicate, because running the other direction doesn't help one bit, that only makes people more upset. I hope and pray that one day I will be able to have the same kind of relationship with my daughters as I have with my mom. It has been such a blessing to always know that I have someone who will be there every step of the way, no matter what it takes. Someone who knows me better than I know myself. Someone who knows my weaknesses but still loves me regardless. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're reading this Mom,  Thanks Mom for being the best Mom for me. I owe you so much. I love you to the moon and back. Lots and Lots! 

Peace and Love
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree , although it took moving out to realize how much she meant to me.

    On the plus side now you have a NEW best friend to come home and tell all your stories to. If you're especially lucky like me he'll pretend they're the most captivating stories on the planet , even though he really doesn't care as much as you do about them.

    ReplyDelete