Wednesday, December 14, 2011

what would you do if...

An ex boyfriend of yours showed up unannounced at your door at 10 in the morning?
{I bet you no one has ever asked you that question before}

I would have never thought about it, but just today this happened. Can you say caught off guard {and AWKWARD}?!

There I stood in my bathroom, in my pajamas, just about to put whitening gel on my teeth...
Then the following conversation happened:

Mo: "You have a visitor downstairs..."
Me: "Who?"
Mo: "{Insert ex boyfriends name}."
Me: "haha, no way. Stop messing with me."
Mo: "No really, you need to get dressed and come downstairs, he wants to talk to you..."

A million questions crossed my mind {what the HECK is he doing here? do I really have to go downstairs and talk to him? what am I going to say, I haven't talked to him since we broke up?}

As all those questions are racing through my head I throw on some jeans and a thermal. My heart is racing and the only thing I could think to do was to get down on my knees and pray for help. This was a BAD breakup. I had no idea what he was going to say, I needed guidance on what to say because I had no idea what I was in store for. The only thought that I had was if I had to go outside to talk to him...to tell my mom to be listening for gun shots. Awful I know.

I went down the stairs. I was so nervous. I had no idea what to expect, but I don't think anyone or anything could have prepared me for that situation. I walked in and said hi. I stood on the opposite side of the room from him because I was scared. I told him he could sit down as I walked over to a chair in the corner. What was awkward is that he stood the entire time. It was so hard to make conversation with him and it got to the point where I finally just asked him what he was doing at my house. He then proceeded to tell me he was sorry for the way he acted and the things he said to me, I replied that I appreciated his apology and that it was big of him to come all the way to my house to say sorry face to face. Then he went on his way after a minute or two of small talk.

The only thing I could think of the whole time was how grateful that I was to have broken up with him. It was a reassurance that I made the right decision for me. I was never happy with him and I wouldn't be happy with him now. It made me really appreciate the relationship that I have with my boyfriend now. I appreciate the fact that we can talk about anything and everything and it never be awkward. The fact that I can be myself around him and he likes me for who I truly am. I don't have to put on a show for him. That when we have conversations I don't feel like I'm losing brain cells. The fact that I know he would do anything for me.

So that is what I am taking from this whole weird/awkward situation. I'm grateful I had it even though it threw me off all day, because it made me really appreciate the amazing guy I have in my life right now, someone I never want to take for granted.

Peace and Love


2 comments:

  1. I'm still shocked mom let him in. SHOCKED. This whole day of yours blows my mind. So weird. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think it blows your mind?! I'm still trying to comprehend that it wasn't just some wacko dream. Mom sat there and talked to him for like a good 10 minutes before telling me he was even here. haha.

    ReplyDelete