I get writers block sometimes, so I asked Mo what I should write about...this was her reply: "You should write about some of your favorite Christmas traditions and what traditions you want to have in your own family." So you want to know what I'm going to do, just that.
PT #1
Every year since I can remember my mom has been obsessed with Christmas trees. They are always put up the day after Thanksgiving {ALWAYS}. I love my mom's love for trees, there is one in every room of the house and they each have their own theme {Texas, Silver&Gold, Picture tree, and our newest addition this year, Gingerbread Tree}
PT #2
Along with Mo's obsession with Christmas trees she has collected a few nativities in the past years. Although she has many of them, my favorite is the Willow Tree nativity. I love it's simplicity.
PT#3
Every year on Christmas Eve we do the nativity {meaning we read it or act it out} Then we open our Christmas pajamas, hop in the car and go around to look at all the lights that people put up. My family has always opened all of our presents but "Santa" presents on Christmas eve too.
PT #4
Every Christmas morning my mom makes orange cinnamon rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree. It makes the house smell so good, the orange glaze tastes so good, and it looks absolutely adorable!
FT #1
I only want 1 tree in my house. Even though I've grown up with so many. All of mine growing up have been artificial ones. So I just want one REAL tree. I want to go with my hubby and one day family to pick out a tree, cut it down, tie it up on the roof of the car, bring it home and decorate it. Being able to enjoy the smell of a lovely tree every day sounds quite delightful to me.
FT#2
I am secretly hoping that one day Mo gives me her Willow Tree nativity {wink.wink}. I may collect a few on my own but that's the one I really want.
FT #3
So I of course will continue the tradition to act/read the Nativity story. That would be so wrong if I didn't because Jesus is the reason for the Season. I will also have Christmas Pajamas opened on Christmas eve. Looking at lights is one of my most favorite things to do, so I will do that as well. However, I think I want to have my own family open presents on Christmas Day. I think it so fun to have the excitement that most kids get when they walk into a room and see sooo many presents there. I'm sure it can be overwhelming.
FT #4
I want to continue my mom's orange cinnamon roll Christmas tree for Christmas Morning Breakfast, however I also want to have a big dinner too, ham and all!
So there you go. There are 4 present and future traditions that I have/ want to have. Have any ideas to share or things that you and your families do? Please share, I would love to hear! :)
PT #1
Every year since I can remember my mom has been obsessed with Christmas trees. They are always put up the day after Thanksgiving {ALWAYS}. I love my mom's love for trees, there is one in every room of the house and they each have their own theme {Texas, Silver&Gold, Picture tree, and our newest addition this year, Gingerbread Tree}
PT #2
Along with Mo's obsession with Christmas trees she has collected a few nativities in the past years. Although she has many of them, my favorite is the Willow Tree nativity. I love it's simplicity.
PT#3
Every year on Christmas Eve we do the nativity {meaning we read it or act it out} Then we open our Christmas pajamas, hop in the car and go around to look at all the lights that people put up. My family has always opened all of our presents but "Santa" presents on Christmas eve too.
PT #4
Every Christmas morning my mom makes orange cinnamon rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree. It makes the house smell so good, the orange glaze tastes so good, and it looks absolutely adorable!
FT #1
I only want 1 tree in my house. Even though I've grown up with so many. All of mine growing up have been artificial ones. So I just want one REAL tree. I want to go with my hubby and one day family to pick out a tree, cut it down, tie it up on the roof of the car, bring it home and decorate it. Being able to enjoy the smell of a lovely tree every day sounds quite delightful to me.
FT#2
I am secretly hoping that one day Mo gives me her Willow Tree nativity {wink.wink}. I may collect a few on my own but that's the one I really want.
FT #3
So I of course will continue the tradition to act/read the Nativity story. That would be so wrong if I didn't because Jesus is the reason for the Season. I will also have Christmas Pajamas opened on Christmas eve. Looking at lights is one of my most favorite things to do, so I will do that as well. However, I think I want to have my own family open presents on Christmas Day. I think it so fun to have the excitement that most kids get when they walk into a room and see sooo many presents there. I'm sure it can be overwhelming.
FT #4
I want to continue my mom's orange cinnamon roll Christmas tree for Christmas Morning Breakfast, however I also want to have a big dinner too, ham and all!
So there you go. There are 4 present and future traditions that I have/ want to have. Have any ideas to share or things that you and your families do? Please share, I would love to hear! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment